Case Study 3: Kelly Fielder, Rental Property Owner ..
Case Study 4: Greg and Gloria Ketchum, Wealthy Real Estate Family ..
Real Estate Investors. You have a home at Cornerstone.
The financial services industry tends to shy away from deep thinking and advice on a family’s directly-held real estate investments. Offering this type of help is difficult, and requires a level of experience, training, and insight that is not part of the licensing and credential process of many of today’s advisors. Cornerstone is different. This gap in providing advice on real estate is the reason Cornerstone advisors became financial planners.
The Cornerstone 360 process provides strategies and options that honor our client’s interest in this asset class, and that seek to help them make better financial decisions. Cornerstone has the experience to assist real estate investors with questions like:
- “We need more income for retirement. Are there changes we should consider?”
- “Can you take a look at our real estate and everything else to help us understand how this can all work together?”
- “How is our real estate performing?”
- “What should we do with [a specific building] when we retire?”
- “What is the best way to transfer our real estate to our kids?” Or more likely, “One of our children might be interested in taking over. The others are not as interested. What suggestions do you have to make this fair to all of our children?”
- “We inherited these properties. What should we know?”
- “How can we pass along our real estate portfolio to our family and avoid selling properties to pay estate taxes?”
- “Being a landlord has become harder over the years. What are our options at this point?”
- “Is there a way to reduce or eliminate taxes if we sell a highly appreciated property?”
- “Should we be thinking about our real estate differently?”
- “Is there anything you see that we are missing?”
Imagine for a moment walking into a traditional financial advisor’s office and having a deep conversation about these or similar matters. This is the needle in the haystack … the prized resource … that Cornerstone can offer families who currently own, or wish to own, small rentals, apartment complexes, retail shopping, warehouses, office buildings, or land.
Cornerstone real estate and planning strategies have been featured in many financial and business magazines, including Newsweek, The Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, California Real Estate Journal, Investor’s Business Daily, Time Inc., Kiplinger, REALTOR® Magazine, Real Estate Business, California Real Estate, Christian Science Monitor, Journal of Financial Planning, Journal of Accountancy, and more.
In 2008, WORTH Magazine named Cornerstone one of the Top 250 Wealth Advisors in the Nation. Cornerstone earned this distinction by being nominated by readers and industry peers, and then being selected by Worth editors based on attributes including credentials, approaches to customer service, portfolio management and risk, as well as insights into the current investment environment.
This work and commitment to accomplishment continues today. Cornerstone Wealth Management: Planning to be Our Clients’ Most Valued Asset™.
Menu of Services >